Thank you for your interest in The HAND Foundation. The HAND Foundation supports programs that are aligned with its core mission areas and strategies, focusing in-depth on a few initiatives. We accept unsolicited inquiries, but the majority of our grants are made to organizations with which we have a pre-existing relationship and extensive engagement.
Please note that HAND makes grants only to nonprofit charitable organizations classified as 501(c)(3) public charities by the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, HAND does not fund: Political and politically charged initiatives; Start-ups at idea level.
If you are a 501(c)(3) public charity and are interested in applying for a grant, please send a brief letter of inquiry so we can determine whether our present interests and funds permit consideration of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The letter should include:
After careful consideration of your letter, we will contact you to let you know whether to submit a full proposal.
- Mission of organization and project at hand, with clear indication of alignment with The HAND Foundation mission and strategies.
- Problem definition and proposed solution.
- Funds needed and use of funds plus alternative source of funds.
- Qualifications of persons in charge of execution.
- Milestones and desired outcomes quantified in number and time.